Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jan Marini’s Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF30 Review








My job is to be a skin advocate. As much as I am passionate about skin care and skin health, I am also a lover of the sun. Back in the days when I was a young teenager, I could have cared less about protecting my skin. In fact, I was so bad that my best girlfriend and I would go to the lake in the summer and our motto was “Burn Me!” We thought “no pain, no gain” and so we would lay in the sun unprotected for hours. Now, that very thought just makes me cringe! My skin a few years later showed the damage that I put upon myself. I ended up having hyperpigmentation (brown spots) on my face and body.

About four years ago, I started to get concerned about my skin and I was totally vain in the sense that I wanted to look younger than my peers. Although I am Asian, and I already do look younger than most others who are my age, I did look older compared to an Asian person who was the same age as me. So I decided to start wearing sunscreen on a daily basis. Now, four years later with the help of sunscreen, skin serums, and peels my skin is looking young, healthy and vibrant!

I’ve been using Jan Marini’s Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF30 for the last three years and I love this sunscreen! This sunscreen has UVA and UVB protection (see Sunscreen 101 article), is waterproof, it feels silky and smooth (NOT oily and greasy), offers light moisture, has a great light tropical scent, and it gives my skin a healthy sheen. My only qualm is that it does contain parabens. Another great feature about this sunscreen is that it has “microscopic sponge techonology” which entraps and absorbs unwanted materials and excess oil in the skin.

I have noticed a great change in my skin since I started to use this sunscreen. The skin on my face never burns, I am no longer noticing new pigmentation spots, and my current pigmentation spots have gotten lighter.

For those of you who love celebrity gossip (like me!), supposedly Anne Hathaway and Naomi Watts also use this sunscreen. If it’s good enough for the stars, it’s definitely good enough for you!

As a skin advocate I must say and believe that it is best to stay out of the sun as much as possible to avoid sun damage, BUT if you are a sun lover (like me) make sure that you wear sun protection at all times and reapply often!!!

For more in-depth information please go to: http://janmarini.com/AntioxidantDailyFaceProtectant.html

For those in the San Francisco area who would like to purchase Jan Marini products, it is sold at Spa Bar, 246 2nd St., 415-975-0888. Don’t forget to tell them that Thy sent you!

2 comments:

  1. How do you re-apply sunscreen without rubbing off/smearing/moving around/etc your makeup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are using a traditional sunscreen, which is usually in cream or lotion form, you probably will have to risk smearing your makeup. Although, I do know of another really great sunscreen that will not smudge and it is in spray form. It is called Reflect by Cosmedix. You spray it into your hand and then you pat it into the skin. This formula is super light weight and definitely will not smear your makeup. Hope that helps. ~Thy

    ReplyDelete