Friday, February 6, 2009

Clinique Moisture Surge Review




For the last couple of years I have always “thumbed my nose” on department store skin care cosmetic brands (e.g. Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique), because I feel that they are overly priced and not as effective as a professional skin care product that you would only be able to buy through your Esthetician or Dermatologist. Although I still pretty much feel this way, there is one product that I have been very impressed with at that is Clinique’s Moisture Surge.

This moisturizer is great for all skin types, but it is especially great for people with sensitive, oily, or acneic skin. I also took a look at the ingredients and here are a few that I was impressed with:

*Green tea- anti-inflammatory, full of antioxidants.
*Aloe leaf water- calming/soothing
*Caffeine- tones the skin
*Sodium hyaluronate- allows the skin to take in more hydration
*Tocopherol acetate- Vitamin E

The best part about this moisturizer is that it DOES NOT CONTAIN PARABENS (chemical preservatives that have been linked to causing cancer, etc). Yay!!!

Unfortunately, it’s not perfect (like anything in life). It does contain some dyes and other ingredients that don’t necessarily need to be in it and I don’t believe that it would be enough moisture for aging skin that is extremely dry.

I’ve got a girlfriend who has extremely sensitive skin and this is one of the very few moisturizers that she can use on her skin. As for myself, I have acne prone skin and I have found that this gives me the moisture that I need, without clogging my pores and without the greasy feel.

So what is the lesson that Thy has learned? I’ve learned to not always look down on department store skin care products, but they have to prove to be damn good in order to get my seal of approval!

2 comments:

  1. This Article is Really Fantastic And Thanks For Sharing The Valuable Post..Issues With Quicken Software Dial ☏ Quicken® Support Phone Number +1(888)586-5828 Toll-free Get Instant Help and Support from Quicken Certified Experts.You Do Not Want To Get Hold Of The Quicken Support Online Or Be Looking For Opening Hours For Quicken Support Team.

    ReplyDelete